Feeding your wrestler!
As a wrestler, maintain an competitive weight throughout the season can be hard. by selecting the most nutrient dense food options, while limiting those that can be detrimental to your performances, you will have more energy and endurance on the mat than you opponent. Remember, nutrition can make a good wrestler great or a great wrestler good … Which do you want to be?
Focus on the Right Nutrients in Proper Proportions
Here is where your wrestling diet should focus on the right nutrients and proportions. You need to eat the right things to promote energy and efficient weight loss.
A wrestler should focus on consuming super foods. Super-foods are nutrient dense foods that promote a healthy metabolism and have anti-oxidant properties.
Here is a typical list of foods:
- Whole grain pasta and cereals(avoid bread)
- 2% cheese sticks
- Skim Milk(Borland has a great skim milk)
- Low-calorie yogurt
- Walnuts and almonds(not a lot because they are high in calories)
- Chicken breast, lean turkey meat, and a high-quality whey protein
- Fruits – Apples, bananas, pears, oranges, etc … Fruit provides the necessary vitamins, fiber, and a lot of water.
- Greek Yogurt
- Baked Potatoes